Sunday, April 5, 2009

Recap of the week

Or maybe more than just a week...

Jesus, Sofia, Isaac, Erika, Hector, Amie, Nathaniel, and myself went to Houston to visit two of our aunts and their families for spring break (the week before last). The ride wasn't too bad and we had some good family time! We got back on Wednesday and relaxed for the remainder of the week. I took the boys, David and Belen 4-wheeling and the boys and I even had a sleepover at Erika's on Saturday.

I really wasn't ready to go back to school last Monday but had to none the less. And I almost got run over too! I'm just thankful I'm alive today!...This is how it happened...I went to my lab and was ready to come home when it was finished but since I had gotten there sort of late, I didn't find a parking space at the lot where I usually park so I parked across the street and was crossing the street at the four stop intersection. I was about half ways between both lanes when the car that was in front of me, waiting to turn, just went ahead and went. It passed really close to me. There was probably a foot and a half between us. You could tell that the driver was surprised to see me because I noticed the car swirving away from me. It was horrible!!!! Although I probably didn't look all that scared because I was conscious that there where cars on all three stops. I just kept walking trying to keep my "cool." I quickly got to my truck and just sat for a while, I thanked God for watching over and cautioned myself to be a careful driver and never have to put people through something like that. Thanks to some careless jerk I almost was run over or had a heart attack in the middle of the street!

Oh, I got my grades for the four exams I took on Thursday before the break. They were not the best but ok. All B's. I also got my second tax return and my spanish exam(which I took about a month ago) back, they were A's. So I'm happy. I'm not a straight A person but my grades are all right.

I was in charge of Church tonigh. I based our service on Mathew 6:33 and used the illustration that Sister Clarkson put in the Western Skies...that its one good paper, if you're not reading one you're missing out :)!...Anyways, it was a good service. I got several compliments about the illustration that I did.

Ok, I am going to close for tonight. I keep pushing my spanish homework back but I should probably take care of it now since it has been late for a while now. I am just not too fond of spanish poem reading...oh well. :)

But I do feel acomplished. I posted and even did some Western Skies advertising. I think I should get a cape with an S after all Sis Becki.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you didn't get run over--how scary!

    I'll see what I can do about that cape. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! So glad that you didn't get run over. How long did it take to get your heart to stop racing?

    "B's" aren't bad...so much better than C's and D's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you agian. I am thankful you did not get run over. People can be a little crazy and not pay attention and put us in a lot of danger. Sam and I almost got hit by a truck in the Wal- mart parking lot the other day. If we would not have stopped he would have hit us both. It was a little scary.
    I hope you got all your spanish homework done. Writing poetry,yuck. I can see why you were dreading it. Good job on your good grades. Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hearing from you. I'm glad you didn't get hit! That would have been horrible. It's bad enough to come that close. Glad to hear your grades are good as well! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete