Friday, February 20, 2009

Great news!!!

Hello Blogland!

I have been keeping up with some blogs for some time now and finally decided to start one myself. My life is not always the most exciting and fun to hear about so you'll only hear from me every now and then. I love taking pictures and will do my best to share some of those with you once I learn how to put them on here. I admit it, I've been a slacker and am a shame to any person that enjoys photography, but I'll try to get up to speed!

Ok, lets move on to the GREAT news! I have plenty of things to do but figured that this was way too good to not share, so here it is.

I just got back from a wonderful youth service. Brother Luis, our youth leader, was inspired by Brother Daniel Doerfler to ask the youth to take part in our youth services by giving a message. Praise the Lord that Sister Keila was willing to be the first, and was responsible for this servise's message. She began with an activity in which all the youth was divided into three groups and scriptures regarding sin were given to the teems. They then had to find and write down the sins that they found in these scriptures. She proceeded to read the scriptures one at a time and explained to the youth what all these different sins were. Because some of our youth is very young, she went into detail and took her time explaining each one. She made it possible for us to comment on what we thought sins (such as fornication, adultery...) were and ask questions regarding this. I noticed that everyone: children, youth, and adults were all very attentive to what was going on. When she finished explaining these, she explained that any person that has such things in their lives will go to hell. She spoke about hell and shared about the research that scientists did in Siberia. Then she played the audio for the video, that you may have already heard, "The sounds of hell." She continued to say that we were all destined to go to hell due to the sin in our lives, BUT that Jesus had died in the cross and made it possible for us to escape that horrible place. She asked everyone to make their way to the altar. We all just began to pray and I could hear people weeping and asking God to forgive them and save them from that horrible place. It was wonderful! God's presence was sooo real! Once I finished praying I went to pray with Moises, Brother Olivarez's son. I was just amazed how he is the shyest person you have ever seen, and I mean literally, but tonight he was so into prayer. He was weeping and ...I just can't explain. It was wonderful!
Once every one was through praying we just worshiped God through song. Brother Ban~uelos later asked if any had been saved and...there were three saved!!! Belen, Moises, and Adrian. Adrian is a visitor who has been faithfully attending for about a month now and was saved tonight! God is just incredibly amazing! I am sure that this post can't begin to explain how wonderful this service was, you just had to be there.

I would like to ask you to pray for these that were saved, that they may be able to hold on to this salvation and keep moving forward. Also for those that are still reluctant to give their lives to the Lord. Please, if you remeber, just pray!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! How exciting to be a part of such an exciting service.

    By the way...we really don't care how boring you may think your life is...we just want to be a part. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a WONDERFUL service! Praise God for souls being saved! God is good!!!!

    And I agree with Sister Tammi...it's always good to hear about what's going on with you...no matter how boring you think it is!

    Love you, Tayde!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis Tammi and Emilee: yes it really was a good service. My guess is we'll be having a baptismal service soon!

    Thank you for caring about me. I'll do my best to share with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat service. How cool to have people saved just in a service, not a convention or camp. I am very excited for these three new souls saved. Looking forward to seeing you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~gasp!~ She BLOGS!!! No fair starting up and not announcing it, lady! ;-) SO GLAD TO FIND YOU!

    What a wonderful service you had! I sent the link to James for him to read it, too. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this sounds like such a cool service. I would love to have the scriptures that were used to share in my vlb service....which is sunday...yikes. good to see you out here in blogland...Stacey C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good hear that you had a wonderful service, 3 saved cuse of it awesome, welcome to blog land..

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I want to say how wonderful it is to read about such a great service!!! The Lord is so good! It's wonderful to see the youth step up and lead and thank God for those who allow them to take part in the service. Many youth respond better to youth... how awsome!!!

    So now to the second thing... good to hear from you! I'm glad you are going to take a more active role in blogging. Looking forward to reading what's going on in your area and in your life. God bless!

    ReplyDelete